Mammoth Medical Missions seeks qualified, passionate candidates for Executive Board seat
Term: At least one year
The Board of Directors of Mammoth Medical Missions, Inc. (MMM), is composed of five medical and non-medical leaders who are dedicated to the organization’s mission of training, organizing and fielding Rapid-deployed Austere Medical (RAM) teams for the delivery of quality medical care, relief and education to underserved remote and disaster-affected communities worldwide.
Founded in 2012, MMM has carried out three successful routine surgical missions to Chiapas, Mexico, and fielded the first foreign medical team on the ground in Leyte Province, Philippines, in the wake of Super Typhoon Haiyan. Each September, MMM runs an accredited annual Rapid Austere Medicine (RAM) training conference in Mammoth Lakes.
Serving on MMM’s Board of Directors is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who has a passion for public health policy and humanitarian work in remote and austere environments, as well as the time, energy, imagination and professional experience required to help build this young NGO into a thriving and influential force in the dynamic field of international medical relief.
In addition to the standard roles and responsibilities of a voting board member, including but not limited to the specific duties of Executive Officer (Board Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, etc.), as well as service on specific project committee(s), board members are expected to be active advocates and ambassadors for the organization, fully engaged in identifying and securing the financial resources and strategic partnerships necessary for MMM to advance and expand its mission.
* Given the right qualifications and experience, Board members are not required to have medical background or credentials. Nor do they have to live in Mammoth.
Individual Board Member Responsibilities
- Board members are expected to know what exceptional non-profit governance is, and to practice it;
- Board members are expected to read and understand MMM’s program budget projections and financial statements and otherwise help the Board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities;
- Board members are expected to attend all monthly board meetings (in person or remotely), to read relevant electronic correspondence and board materials in advance of board meetings and come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions;
- Board members are expected to serve and fulfill specified duties as appointed Officers (Board Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, etc.) as well as to actively participate in programs, outreach and committee work;
- Board members are expected to play an active role in securing the partnerships and financial resources necessary for MMM to achieve its mission. Board members are expected to leverage personal relationships, social networks and other connections to help identify and develop potential partners and funders, as well as to directly invest in MMM’s work by making a personal contribution each year;
- Board members are expected to actively and responsibly represent MMM to their respective communities and social networks and to advocate for MMM’s mission, programs, services and policies as appropriate.
Nominate a Potential Candidate
Know the perfect person for the position? Please submit your name, the person’s name and his/her contact information on our contact form so that we can reach out.
To be considered for this position, please fill out and submit the following brief application. The current Board will begin reviewing applications and interviewing potential candidates after November 15, 2014. Position will remain open until filled.
**Nb. We are currently making a transition to a more robust CRM solution and have had issues with our form server. If after submission of this form you are not routed to a Thank You page, or if you do not hear back from us in short order, please do not hesitate to follow up by email.